zoltanszogyenyi
Hey everyone ![]()
Excited to join this forum - I am one of the founders and current project maintainers of a popular and open-source UI component library called Flowbite based on Tailwind CSS and I recently wrote a guide on how you can use the I full I collection I of components together with Phoenix Framework (Elixir).
I’m generally curious about what your feedback or opinion would be for this integration guide and I’m eager to see our collection of over 54 standalone components (navbars, modals, date pickers) be used within a Phoenix/Elixir project.
I also built a free and open-source Phoenix and Flowbite starter kit on GitHub that can help you get started with a bootstrapped project right away.
Cheers,
Zoltan
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Hey folks,
I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version:
Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Sebb
Hey Zoltán, welcome.
Personally I’m using Daisy now, as it has not JS and thus plays very nicely with LV.
Flowbite could be interesting as it is more powerful (thanks to JS).
Didn’t read your guide yet, but I wonder how all that JS in flowbite plays with LV?
Eiji
Unfortunately it’s a pure
CSS+JavaScriptlibrary with lots of amazing components and guides. The linkedPhoenixproject is based on version1.6.x.People reading your post could expect few things:
LiveViewintegrationSee below documentation for more information:
crova
According to his reply on reddit there are no known issues.
I haven’t tested it though.
zoltanszogyenyi
Hey everyone,
Thanks for the feedback.
I am aware of this, however, the guide is there to showcase how it can be used as a JS library, though I would be more than happy to collaborate on creating a native integration with LiveView components - after all Flowbite is also open-source so the components can be ported to any framework or language.
The guide does indeed include a walkthrough for pre-v1.7 versions of Phoenix, but the guide also states that you can skip the Tailwind CSS installation part if you have v1.7 or later. The other parts of the guide are relevant and are tested with Phoenix v1.7.
DaisyUI is great, as far as I am concerned I have found no immediate issues after working a couple of hours with Phoenix (Elixir) and Flowbite, but if problems do arise I am available to provide updates and manage PRs if others want to contribute.
That is right, for the short term I have found no problems using the two together.
groig
There seems to be an issue with the Flowbite events not triggering after LiveView navigation but the fix is pretty easy as pointed by @egze here and here:
superchris
If flowbite supports web components (which seems like it would be a perfect fit for what you are trying to do), you might want to check out live_elements. It would offer you an easy path to LiveView integration.
McTheels
Hi @zoltanszogyenyi
I seem to be having an issue with loading the
flowbite-datepicker/DateRangerPickerNot sure what the issue is since I have used the modal before and it works perfectly.
Please see the screenshot below.
My tailwind.config.js has
content: [ ... './node_modules/flowbite-datepicker/**/*.js' ],my assets/js/app.js has
import "flowbite-datepicker/DateRangePicker"Anyone to assist.!
lessless
It might be better to open an issue in the GitHub and provide a reproducible repo