AndrewKlymchuk
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Sebb
there is the “phoenixframework” addin for VS-Code but it does only highlighting.
outlog
see this twitter thread https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1437786780464463875
so basically “soon”..
valerian
I noticed that Emacs web-mode does a great job at indenting HEEx templates out of the box, but since I’m not a Emacs user, I wrapped that in a script that works a bit like Prettier would https://github.com/valeriangalliat/web-mode-indent.
web-mode somehow understands well nested code blocks with Elixir conditions, loops and so on which I found pretty impressive (it only required a quick hack to work with the
<.tag></.tag>notation).It’s only for indentation though but that a pretty good start for me instead of having no formatter at all, at least until
mix formatcan work with HEEx files!TwistingTwists
Another similar discussion here.
TwistingTwists
https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/commit/fbaf408bf69dff622ce93fbf00df3e7c440efd96
This got merged recently!
aswinmohanme
I use doom emacs, and I use the default web-mode indent. It seems to either understand the context of the heex file or ignores it, but it indents correctly without breakages.
malloryerik
You can use the Royal Mist Elixir Templates Formatter, and add to languages,
"phoenix-hex":"html"in your VSCodesettings.jsonlike so:Ah, you should also be able to do this in the settings user interface.
cvkmohan
Basically this formatter uses htmlbeautifier gem under the hood. That has two disadvantages - additionally ruby has to be installed. Secondly, htmlbeautifier does not understand some of the embedded tags - so formatting goes wayward in a few cases.
The inbuilt mix format that is coming in is a tool from the same ecosystem - hence probably the best solution.
malloryerik
Thanks, yeah I can only agree. The wayward formatting annoys me too, especially forms I guess? It seemed the best I could find. Looking forward to the inbuilt formatter also!
cvkmohan
GitHub - feliperenan/heex_formatter: Formatter for Phoenix Live View templates. · GitHub is out and working well with elixir 1.13
It is working well with both
~Hsigil andheexfiles.