fredwu

fredwu

Hi folks,

My name’s Fred Wu, I’m an experienced Elixir developer who has worked on multiple commercial projects as well as released multiple Hex packages.

I work at a fintech startup in Australia as CTO, leading a small team. In the past few days I’ve decided to start moonlighting again, especially now that I’ve been working from home since Covid and has more time and flexibility. I can commit about 20-30 hours a week.

I’d been using Elixir professionally for a few years, lead and built multiple commercial B2B & B2C SaaS projects. Until recently I’ve always been very hands on, and have worked with multiple tech stacks in the past, including Ruby, JS and PHP, and most recently Clojure at the startup I’m currently working at.

As you probably noticed I have quite a few projects on Github. Some of the more interesting ones are:

If you think my skills and experience could add value to the project I’d love to chat more. You could reach me at ifredwu at gmail dot com. Thanks!

Showing Posts 1 to 4

fredwu

fredwu OP

Hi folks,

Just an update, I’m wrapping up my current freelancing project, so I’m available to pick up something new. Please get in touch. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Fred

fredwu

fredwu OP

Happy new year everyone!

Time flies. My current project might be wrapping up soon. Please get in touch if you have a project you’d like to discuss. :slight_smile:

fredwu

fredwu OP

Hey folks, I’ve recently wrapped up a project so I’m available for hire again. :slightly_smiling_face:

Updated my “pitch” given my recent projects:

I’m an experienced Elixir (and Ruby) dev with ~20 years of experience. I have a day job as a CTO writing Ruby code. On nights and weekends I’d spend time on either freelancing gigs or my own projects - recently I’ve launched Persumi (https://persumi.com/) - a modern blogging platform, built in three months, and Rizz.farm (https://rizz.farm/) - an AI-powered Reddit lead gen platform, built in six weeks. Both were built with Phoenix LiveView and Petal Pro (which I’m also a contributor).

I’m full stack, but my strength is in software architecture, backend systems (Elixir and Ruby), DevOps (AWS) and machine learning (built my own ML libraries in Elixir, very familiar with the latest LLM trends, including agentic workflows).

I also do fractional / consulting CTO gigs, providing tech and product strategies and roadmap work, etc if that interests you. Most recently I’m helping an Australian business with ~$100mil revenue uplifting their tech capability.

You can find more information about me here: Fred Wu's Hire Fred - Persumi - Level up your writing and blogging with AI

I’m based in Australia (GMT+10/11) but I can be a night owl and have some overlapping hours with US and EU. I’m available for 20-30 hours a week, can be more if needed. My hourly rate is $200-300 depending on the project and work.

If you think my skills and experience could add value to your team and project I’d love to chat more. You could ping me here or reach me at fred@wuit.com . Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

fredwu

fredwu OP

Hi folks, another update - last week I’ve been laid off so now I’m officially on the market looking for a new role. Ping me if my profile interests you. Cheers.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Member Profiles Top

T0ha666
Hey everyone, I’m Anton, a full-stack developer and systems architect with 15 years of experience, most of it spent deep in Elixir/OTP a...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

HR_Sportograf
Backend Developer for Elixir (F/M/D) - Shape the Future of Sports Photography with Us!(German Version below) About us We are athletes –...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews