Ookma-Kyi
I am learning Elixir and Phoenix at the moment. I would like to know where I can get free hosting for my open-source Phoenix app. I know Oracle Cloud has a free tier, but unfortunately. It seems there hasn’t been any availability for the past month for always-free apps. I read Fly.io had a free tier at one point, but they seem to have discontinued it. I beleive the only free option right now is Gigalixir but, it seems they delete your apps if you don’t deploy often. Any suggestions?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
codyjroberts
Gcloud offers a free e2-micro VM. I’m sure other providers offer similar.
I will say that pay as you go on fly.io is pretty affordable for personal projects. They can shutdown and startup automatically with traffic.
sodapopcan
If your bill amounts to $5 or less, Fly doesn’t charge you. Depending on your usage it often ends up being free.
BrightEyesDavid
https://northflank.com/ - 2 services/apps and an instance of PostgreSQL, in which you can have multiple databases, for free. I’m now a paying customer.
Also, https://www.koyeb.com/
You can use Phoenix’s production Docker method for both: Deploying with Releases — Phoenix v1.8.8
derek-zhou
I suggest to go with a cheap paid plan; more sustainable for both you and the hosting company: they made money off you and you see a bill and will use the resource wisely. Major hoster usually charge ~5 USD per month for the lowest plan, but there are even cheaper ones here:https://lowendbox.com/
a3kov
Don’t discard this option too fast. There’s some nuance:
It’s true that ARM instances have low availability, but you can still use their X86 VMs. While weaker than the ARM offer, they are pretty decent. Much better than what Google is offering.
If you apply to their PAYG plan and stay within the free plan limits, you will not pay at all. PAYG gives you almost guaranteed ARM instances - the availability situation doesn’t affect the paid plan. PAYG also protects your servers from shutdown due to low usage (the policy on the free plan).
The offer from Oracle is so good that it should be the first option for any project without funding.
Ookma-Kyi
If I upgrade to the PAYG plan, how will I know if I am using an always free resource or I will be charged?
a3kov
You would need to be careful about the resources: use only the right VM types, make sure total RAM/oCPU/storage volumes across all VMs doesn’t exceed the free plan allowance. It’s not very hard, but it requires to understand what you are doing.
You can also set alerts if your bill exceeds a certain amount, but I’ve never needed it.