Full Stack Elixir Developer - Nantes, France

Introductory paragraph

We are looking for a senior Full-Stack developer to join our R&D team in Nantes, France.

Your responsibility will be to build and maintain new platforms to reinvent digital signage and communication between merchants and pedestrians!

The existing team is small (5 people) and consists solely of Full-Stack Elixir profiles. We work on both web product development and embedded software design (Elixir Nerves on Raspberry).

We work in an agile, pragmatic manner (meaning we do not apply scrum 100% by the book): Kanban flow, automated tests, continuous delivery, and pair programming are our daily practices. We also advocate for values of mutual aid, transparency, and sustainable pace (there are parents in the team :wink:)

About us

My name: Christian Blavier
My position: VP Technology
Company name: Phenix Digital
Company website: https://www.phenixgroupe.com/dooh

Company headquarters (country):

France. Offices in Paris & Nantes (R&D is in Nantes)

Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):

Phenix Digital is a digital signage company created in 2016.

I manage a small team of full-stack web developers who are solely building exciting products with Elixir: Phoenix LiveView for all our web products, and Elixir Nerves for our custom Raspberry digital signage product.

About the job

Job title: Senior Software Engineer

Job description:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us design, build, test & deploy our Elixir applications!

Qualifications or experience required:

• Experience in Full-Stack Web Development
  • Prior knowledge of Elixir/Phoenix is a plus, but not mandatory.
  • Agile culture and a good knowledge of automated testing practices
  • A well-made rather than a well-filled head
  • Proficiency in French
  • Minimum of 3 years of experience

Salary range: 45k€ - 70k€

Position on remote work
Remote job: partially
Remote restrictions: candidates must be able to go to the Nantes office at least once a week

About the interview process
Nothing very formal! Let’s have a talk with me and some other folks of my team :slight_smile:

Further info
Please send me a PM on the forum

7 Likes

Je parles et comprend(s?) Français un peu(x?) mais pas… uhhhh… well enough :frowning:

2 Likes

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Perfect.

My first five years of grade school was 100% in French but then I switched schools and didn’t keep it up. My mom always told me I’d regret it one day. Honestly that day has come more than once.

3 Likes

This is the main issue with moms: they prove to be right way to often! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I worked 4 years with Christian as an Elixir dev, and I couldn’t recommend it enough for people near Nantes. Great tech challenges and laid back atmosphere. 100% worth it :ok_hand:

4 Likes