We’re looking for a mid/senior engineer to help create the first version of our platform - an Elixir/Phoenix project to showcase the hidden talents and potential of young people.
We love code reviews, pair programming, knowledge-sharing, and good, clean, tested code. And we love Elixir! We regularly attend Elixir meetups and budget is available for conferences (including Elixir London and Elixir EU).
This role will be based in London at our office in Marylebone. Unfortunately we cannot accept remote applications at this time.
My name: James
My position: Senior Software Engineer
Company name: WhiteHat
Company info and history: WhiteHat was founded to address the lack of high-quality, career-focused apprenticeships on offer for ambitious young people and provide employers with the means to attract the best non-graduate talent. We’re a year and a half old, with 31 employees, and a small, but fast growing tech team.
About the job
Job title: Mid/Senior Software Engineer
Job description: Full stack engineer to work on Elixir/Phoenix project
Salary range: £40-65K
Position on remote work: Onsite only.
Qualifications or experience required:
- Elixir/Phoenix (not essential if you have experience with other functional languages)
- PostgreSQL (or similar)
- A passion for helping young people!
The following are a plus:
- Interest in UX/UI
- Interest/experience in Machine Learning
- Open source contributions
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Backend Elixir code
- Phoenix 1.3 project
- New features from wireframe to release
- Code reviews
- Writing tests
- Help us scale up from thousands to tens of thousands of users
About the interview process
- Telephone screen
- Onsite pairing test (using your own laptop and in a language of your choice)
- Interviews with the team and co-founders
Apply here: https://whitehat-2.workable.com/jobs/458249