Fullstack/Backend Engineers @Postlight - Remote/NYC

Introductory paragraph

Postlight is seeking Elixir devs interested in building large, ambitious platforms for our clients and for ourselves. We use a variety of languages here—usually the tool that best fits the job—and find ourselves turning to Elixir more and more as we realize how general-purpose and enjoyable the language is. We’re currently in the early stages of a large LiveView project, which when it launches will likely be the highest-profile use of LiveView in production to date.

About us

My name: Kevin Barrett
My position: Director, Engineering
Company name: Postlight
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): Postlight is a premier digital services and strategy agency. Large, interesting, and well-known companies come to us to solve the problems they can’t. Our website lists some of our projects (under “Work”), but I personally can say that during my five years at Postlight I’ve worked on a huge variety of projects: everything from building the platform that delivers realtime alerts for New York subway riders to meditation apps to social networks and e-learning platforms. We get to be the heroes that walk into the orgs your friends know and save the day.

About the job

Job title: Full Stack Engineer (we’re looking for all levels)
Job description: You can see the full description at Job Application for Full Stack Engineer at Postlight
Salary range: 100-165k (depends on level as determined by you and during interview process)
Position on remote work: We’re majority-remote, all our engineering leadership is remote, and we fly everyone to NYC twice a year for a week of get-togethers. We’re looking for people based in the USA.
Qualifications or experience required: We’d like to be able to see your past work.
What the successful job applicant will be working on: Either the LiveView platform mentioned above or a similar project. We have a range of clients, all of which present interesting problems.

About the interview process

We’ll start by reviewing your resume, then schedule a video call with me or a colleague. If we proceed, you’ll complete a code challenge for which you’ll be compensated—we don’t believe in unpaid labor. If we like what we see, we’ll schedule a final round of interviews with people from around the company.

Further info

You can apply at Job Application for Full Stack Engineer at Postlight. Feel free to email me (kevin.barrett@postlight.com) if you have questions about the role.

5 Likes