Fullstack Software Engineer - Operately, Remote, Worldwide

Introductory paragraph

At Operately, we are building the future of company operations and open-source software. You would be the first software engineer to join the team. If you are passionate about the startup world and open-source software, we would love to hear from you!

About us

My name: Igor Sarcevic
My position: Founder
Company name: Operately
Company website: https://operately.com/
Company headquarters (country): Serbia
Company info and history: After ten years at SemaphoreCI, building a CI/CD platform to boost developer productivity, we’re now channeling our Elixir expertise into a new arena: company operations. Since 2016, we’ve pushed the limits with Elixir at Semaphore. Now, we’re building something fresh—an open-source product that uses Elixir, GraphQL, React, and TypeScript. It’s all about making operations as seamless as development.

About the job

Job title: Software Engineer

Job description: We are looking for a software engineer, the first one excluding the founders, to join us in building Operately. You would develop core features from conception to deployment, release production and self-hosted versions, collaborate with open-source contributors, and work with the founding team to discuss the UX/performance/feature set aspects of the product.

Qualifications or experience required: You are a full-stack developer with good understanding of APIs, Security, SQL. You have deep knowledge of either Elixir or React. You are proficient with Linux and the command line. You are someone who is looking to grow with us and our product.

Position on remote work

Remote job: Yes
Remote restrictions: None

Your work schedule should align within ±4 hours of standard Central European Time (CET) work hours. For example, you could start later, from 1 PM or 2PM CET, and work until 9PM or 10PM.

About the interview process

• Initial screening and technical assessment which will include an algorithmic problem that you would encounter while working at Operately
  • Async technical challenge which will test your knowledge about the technical stack (Elixir + React + GraphQL)
  • Final discussion and offer

Further info

To apply for this position, visit: Software Engineer Job - Operately.
Please note that we are not engaging with recruiters or agencies for this position.
Cheers!

6 Likes

Hi Igor,

I have applied for the position. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks,
Sam

What kind of tasks could a potential hire expect? What kind of challenges and problems are there to be solved?