tduccuong

tduccuong

Hi, I have a “base” module with this

defmodule DbModel do
  @callback schema()  :: Map.t

  defmacro __using__(_opts) do
    quote do
      @behaviour DbModel

      ...boiler plates with actual implementation...

      def schema(),       do: %{}
      defoverridable schema: 0
    end
  end

  ...stuffs implemented for this base module...
end

Then I have a module

defmodule CustomerM do
  defstruct id:            nil,
                 ...other props...
  use ExConstructor

  @impl DbModel
  def schema(), do: %{
     ...specific schema validation and conversion...
  }

  use DbModel
end

It works well for my application, but one thing bugs me is this:

warning: this clause cannot match because a previous clause at line xx always matches
  lib/db/model/customer_m.ex:31

Yes, I know about Ecto etc, but I choose this way of handling db model for a reason.

My question is more general: What is the correct way to achieve this kind of function overriding?

Thanks a lot!

Showing Posts 1 to 2

hauleth

hauleth

Put use DbModel on top of your module.

tduccuong

tduccuong OP

that is it, thanks!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews