mayulu
My project works under Phoenix1.6.6. After upgraded to 1.6.12, It compiled error, and I cannot understand the compilation result information, as followed:
== Compilation error in file lib/linlang_web/views/user_session_view.ex ==
** (FunctionClauseError) no function clause matching in anonymous fn/1 in EEx.Compiler.tokenize/6
The following arguments were given to anonymous fn/1 in EEx.Compiler.tokenize/6:
# 1
{{1, 71}, [102, 111, 117, 110, 100, 32, 113, 117, 111, 116, 101, 100, 32, 107, 101, 121, 119, 111, 114, 100, 32, 34, 'social', 34, 32, 98, 117, 116, 32, 116, 104, 101, 32, 113, 117, 111, 116, 101, 115, 32, 97, 114, 101, 32, 110, 111, 116, 32, ...]}
(eex 1.14.0) lib/eex/compiler.ex:68: anonymous fn/1 in EEx.Compiler.tokenize/6
(elixir 1.14.0) lib/enum.ex:975: Enum."-each/2-lists^foreach/1-0-"/2
(eex 1.14.0) lib/eex/compiler.ex:68: EEx.Compiler.tokenize/6
(eex 1.14.0) lib/eex.ex:218: EEx.compile_string/2
(phoenix_view 1.1.2) lib/phoenix/template.ex:419: Phoenix.Template.compile/3
(phoenix_view 1.1.2) lib/phoenix/template.ex:197: anonymous fn/4 in Phoenix.Template."MACRO-__before_compile__"/2
(elixir 1.14.0) lib/enum.ex:2468: Enum."-reduce/3-lists^foldl/2-0-"/3
(phoenix_view 1.1.2) expanding macro: Phoenix.Template.__before_compile__/1
And in the user_session_view.ex file is just:
defmodule LinlangWeb.UserSessionView do
use LinlangWeb, :view
end
Can anyone enlight me?
Thanks!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
josevalim
Can you please try to reproduce it in an app you can share?
mayulu
Hi
I finally opened my project with VS Code, an found this:
and this:
VS Code showed something wrong with the file user_session_view.ex, but did not say why.
So I rename the filename to user_sessions_view.ex, and module name to User.Sessions.View, all plus ‘s’.
Then I pass the compilation, and project can run. Although with some error with not found module “UserSessionView”
So, I guess the reason maybe is the UserSessionView was long before created, and did not use phx.gen.auth
to generated? Not sure.
Thank you very much. If there is any better solution, pls let me know.
mayulu
Hi,
I finally found the error.
One of the template file contains some code like this:
And I fixed to :
Everything is ok.
I wonder why the previous phx version compile the code success.
Anyway thank you very much.