bpiepiora
Hi everyone,
I’m trying to get the password reset function working from mix phx.gen.auth. Here is a snippet of the code:
defmodule LichtmalerElixirWeb.UserResetPasswordController do
use LichtmalerElixirWeb, :controller
alias LichtmalerElixir.Accounts
require Logger
plug :get_user_by_reset_password_token when action in [:edit, :update]
def new(conn, _params) do
Logger.alert("new")
render(conn, "new.html")
end
#%{"user" => %{"email" => email}} =
def create(conn, params) do
Logger.alert("create")
...
conn
|> put_flash(
:info,
gettext("Wenn sich Ihre E-Mail-Adresse in unserem System befindet, " <>
"erhalten Sie in Kürze Anweisungen zum Zurücksetzen Ihres Passworts.")
)
|> redirect(to: "/")
end
...
Going to the page and calling the function with an existing email does not work as expected. The create function is never called, as you can see in the logs:
[info] GET /users/reset_password
[debug] Processing with LichtmalerElixirWeb.UserResetPasswordController.new/2
Parameters: %{"l" => "de"}
Pipelines: [:browser, :redirect_if_user_is_authenticated]
[alert] new
[info] Sent 200 in 7ms
[info] POST /users/reset_password
[debug] Processing with LichtmalerElixirWeb.UserResetPasswordController.create/2
Parameters: %{"_csrf_token" => "...", "user" => %{"email" => "some@email.de"}}
Pipelines: [:browser, :redirect_if_user_is_authenticated]
[info] Sent 302 in 1ms
[debug] Phoenix.Router halted in :browser/2
[info] GET /users/reset_password
[debug] Processing with LichtmalerElixirWeb.UserResetPasswordController.new/2
Parameters: %{"l" => "de"}
Pipelines: [:browser, :redirect_if_user_is_authenticated]
[alert] new
[info] Sent 200 in 2ms
I have no idea how to debug this properly. Disabling plugs didn’t lead to any results.
Is this a known issue? Do you have any ideas how to solve this? I appreciate any help.
Thanks!
Benjamin
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
03juan
I think some plug in your
:browserpipeline is halting the conn before it get to the controller.Have you made any changes to the pipeline in the router or the code in one of the plugs?
msimonborg
can you post the section of your router where these routes live, and your browser pipeline? Are you visiting the page as an authenticated user?