50kudos

50kudos

I had ideas about generic admin via API, wrote a lot of plan on papers. Then I did market research and found https://tryretool.com/ which matches 70-80% of ideas I had.

I am now working on new ideas and plan give that tools a try because I love the ideas. It’s not just about CRUD which mostly deal with data layer schema and db tables. It’s /any /business_rule endpoint we create on the backend api. So it works with app level too.

Eh sounds like a sale man.. I am not sure how far their app can go in administrative tasks.

I had a lot of out of sync business logic code between a separate ActiveAdmin and a core app (Rails). It’s going towards many extracted gems and tedious abstract gem api.

I kind of wish we had some kind of elixir admin node attached to the main node and does administrative tasks via normal message passing instead of REST(http) api.

:thinking:

Showing Posts 1 to 4

zimt28

zimt28

Haven‘t tried it yet, but Forest Admin looks interesting

refrigerator

refrigerator

hey, thanks for mentioning Retool (I work there). We used Elixir a lot at my previous company, so it’s cool to see this come up here! Would love to hear how you’re getting on with using Retool — taimur@retool.in :slight_smile:

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

That page is so deep in marketing I couldn’t answer a single question I had. Zero screens showing actual UI.

lwalk221

lwalk221

Their user guide has a lot of detail and screenshots:
https://doc.forestadmin.com/user-guide.html

and they have a live demo here:
https://app.forestadmin.com/23065/data/806052/index

hope this helps!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews