josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

Hello everyone,

We have just released GenStage 0.10.0 with an important bug fix if you were using the BroadcastDispatcher with a selector. It also has an improvements to Flow, both in terms of API and internals.

The CHANGELOG is shown below:

Enhancements

  • Add Flow.group_by/3 and Flow.group_by_key/3 as conveniences around Flow.reduce/3
  • Add Flow.map_values/2 for mapping over the values in a key-value based state
  • Add Flow.take_sort/3 that efficiently sorts and takes the top N entries

Bug fixes

  • Ensure BroadcastDispatcher sends demand to itself when custom selector discards events
  • Ensure flows started with Flow.start_link/2 properly terminate if producers terminate
  • Ensure flows exit locally instead of relying on linked processes exits. With this change, Flow.run(flow) and Enum.to_list(flow) no longer start stages linked directly to the caller but does so through a supervisor

Showing Posts 1 to 1

formido

formido

Speaking of GenStage:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in News Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews