fredr

fredr

Is there some way in Phoenix to see what path was used to match a route?
This would be very useful for metrics and logging (and probably other things). We would like to have the match path as a label in prometheus and as a log field so we can aggregate on that in kibana.

In Plug this was added a while ago in this PR Add router path to Plug.Conn by mgartner · Pull Request #630 · elixir-plug/plug · GitHub

I’ve check that there are no equivalent field in conn.private from Phoenix, but is it accessible in some other way?

Showing Posts 1 to 4

NobbZ

NobbZ

What version of plug are you using according to mix.exs and mix.lock?

NobbZ

NobbZ

In general that field should only get accessed through Plug.Router.match_path, which is available since 1.5 as far as I can tell.

fredr

fredr OP

Plug is version 1.7.1, but I don’t think the Phoenix.Router uses the Plug.Router to match under the hood.
It works fine in a regular Plug.Router outside of Phoenix.

NobbZ

NobbZ

I always thought Phoenix.Router where just wrapping Plug.Router.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews