ntd23
-
Is there way to get the types from struct defined as bellow, and generate functions based on your types; like
binary(),integer()? -
Can I get the keys of a struct that is marked as “enforced”?
So I have a struct created using TypedStruct like this:
defmodule MyStruct do
use TypedStruct
typedstruct do
field :a, binary(), enforce: true
field :b, integer()
# ....
end
end
And I want generate validation functions/macro of Vex for each field based on your type and if is enforced or not, like this:
defmodule Checker do
defmacro __usign__(opts) do
quote do
[{field, type, enforced?} | _] = my_fields = some_way_to_get_this_types()
for {field, type, _enforced?} <- my_fields do
case type do
"binary()" -> validates(field, by: [function: &is_binary/1, message: "not binary"])
"integer()" -> validates(field, by: [function: &is_integer/1, message: "not integer"])
end
end
end
end
end
The result of use Checker will be a bunch of validates injected on module, like this:
defmodule MyStruct do
use TypedStruct
use Checker
typedstruct do
field(:a, binary(), enforce: true)
field(:b, binary())
# ....
end
# this will be injected by the `use Checker`
validates(:a, by: [function: &is_binary/1, message: "not binary"])
validates(:b, by: [function: &is_integer/1, message: "not integer"])
# ... and so on
end
In my research I find this, but I dont know hot to deal with this “type tree” to generate types of like MyOtherStruct.t()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
IvanR
@ntd23 I think you can get some inspiration from the Domo project, which builds validation functions (packed in Type ensurer modules) for the given struct.
ntd23
Absolutely, already cloned