romaluca

romaluca

In a view of my project i have this method:

def page_title(:new, assigns) do
    if is_nil(assigns.changeset.data.contest_id) do
      Gettext.gettext(ShuttertopWeb.Gettext, "Nuovo contest")
    else
      "#{assigns.changeset.data.name} · #{Gettext.gettext(ShuttertopWeb.Gettext, "Nuova edizione")}"
    end
  end

If i try to launch the command:
mix gettext.extract --merge

the msgid: “Nuovo contest” and the msgid: “Nuova edizione” aren’t inserted in the gettext .po or in .pot files

How can i do it without insert them manually?

Thanks

Showing Posts 1 to 4

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Have you tried this sequence of commands?

mix gettext.extract
mix gettext.merge priv/gettext # Can append --no-fuzzy if you want only exact key matches.
romaluca

romaluca OP

Yes but nothing changed

romaluca

romaluca OP

Hi, i changed
Gettext.gettext(ShuttertopWeb.Gettext, "Nuovo contest")
in
gettext("Nuovo contest")

and now

mix gettext.extract
mix gettext.merge priv/gettext

insert the msgid: “Nuovo contest” in default.po

The issue is that i have the analog situation in view_helper

defmodule ShuttertopWeb.ViewHelpers do
  @moduledoc false
  use Phoenix.HTML
...
def get_country_name(country_id) do
    if !is_nil(country_id) && country_id != "" do
      c = Enum.at(Countries.filter_by(:alpha2, country_id), 0)
      c.name
    else
      Gettext.gettext(ShuttertopWeb.Gettext, "Mondo")
    end
  end

But if i use gettext("Mondo") i receive the error: undefined function gettext

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

sfusato

sfusato

Are you importing the Gettext module somewhere?

import MyAppWeb.Gettext

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews