KRojH

KRojH

hi everyone I write a program

defmodule Houshold.HtmlApi.Device.DeviceSchema do
  use Ecto.Schema
  import Ecto.Changeset
  @primary_key {:id, :binary_id, autogenerate: true}
  @foreign_key_type :binary_id
  schema "devices" do
    field :name, :string, size: 150, null: false
    timestamps()
  end
  def changeset(device, params \\ %{}) do
    device
    |> cast(params, [:name])
    |> validate_required([:name], message: "fill all boxes")
  end
end

but when I test it using mix test I received this message

\houshold>mix test
Compiling 1 file (.ex)

== Compilation error in file lib/houshold/html_api/admin/device/device_schema.ex ==
** (ArgumentError) invalid option :size for field/3
    (ecto 3.12.5) lib/ecto/schema.ex:2454: Ecto.Schema.check_options!/3
    (ecto 3.12.5) lib/ecto/schema.ex:2079: Ecto.Schema.__field__/4
    lib/houshold/html_api/admin/device/device_schema.ex:7: (module)

how I can fix it?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

benwilson512

benwilson512

Author of Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe

Welcome! Those simply aren’t valid options to pass to a field definition. If you’re trying to set a database level constraint do so in the migration, and if you’re trying to do an Elixir lev validation use the changeset functions.

KRojH

KRojH OP

Thank you

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews