kapa
Hi
I’ve put together my first phoenix project that got to a stage that I’d like to deploy it. I’ve chosen gigalixir as it sounds perfect. I’ve done the setup and deployed it - I can access it in the browser and it works, but all the static assets (css, images) are 404 not found.
I’ve run MIX_ENV=prod SECRET_KEY_BASE="$(mix phx.gen.secret)" mix phx.server locally to see if that works and that does. I’ve noticed that locally the assets have a hash generated as a suffix and that’s what the html has, but in the gigalixir deployed html it doesn’t have those hashes, so I assume it’s something to do with that but not sure how to proceed. Any tips are appreciated
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Fernando
Have you compile the assets before deploy? Introduction to Deployment — Phoenix v1.8.8
jesse
Do you know what buildpacks you are using? This buildpack is responsible for building static assets.
https://github.com/gjaldon/heroku-buildpack-phoenix-static
If your buildpacks are correct (or they are being autodetected correctly), often the issue is the buildpack configuration. The most tricky one is
release=truewhich should not be used on gigalixir. See the warning herehttps://github.com/HashNuke/heroku-buildpack-elixir#elixir-releases
kapa
This was it!
I had to add
to
.buildpacksand things are working now. Thanks for the help