szsoppa

szsoppa

Hi guys!

I’m using set_locale for language handling. My client requested to have locale included in the path instead of parameters. So instead of:

Example Domain we should have: example.com/pl

Furthermore, for the default locale, the path SHOULD NOT include locale, but instead, it should be assigned via cookies. Assuming that default locale is en, instead of:

example.com/en it should be example.com

With a bit of modification in set_locale I was able to set the root path for default locale without including it in the path. There is however a problem here. I need to include @locale in every path helper (routes are scoped in /:locale) across the entire app. For default locale, I don’t want to include it in the path since it’s one of the client requests.

So the question is - Is there any way to pass default params to path generators globally? In Rails, I’m able to achieve that with the default_url_options method in Controller. Such a default URL option in my case depends on @conn assigns which is probably problematic.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

I’d normalize that outside of the router, a.k.a. in the endpoint remove the leading path segment if it’s a locale and for url helpers use a function to scope them to locales like conn |> maybe_prepend_locale() |> Routes.page_path(:index). Path helpers do work when supplied a %URI{} struct, so that’s what maybe_prepend_locale would likely return.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews