Ciboulette
Hello,
Are there any good concrete example of Elixir OTP applications that show complex supervision trees, registry, restart strategy etc ?
Thanks
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
peerreynders
You’ll probably have to “mine” that information from a number of sources. Recently I came across Fred Hebert - The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Unexpected - Code BEAM SF 2018 (or ElixirDaze 2018) and The Zen Of Erlang (article) which discusses some aspects at the high level.
zinclozenge
I’d recommend The Little Elixir & OTP Guidebook The Little Elixir & OTP Guidebook - Benjamin Tan Wei Hao
It might not be exactly what you’re looking for, but should get you started.
peerreynders
The largest example from Designing for Scalability with Erlang/OTP: Implement Robust, Fault-Tolerant Systems is the Base Station Controller sample application (in Erlang).
The Little Elixir & OTP Guidebook’s Pooly can be found here.
The Elixir in Action 2e Todo Web Server can be found here.
david_ex
I’m in the process of writing a series of blog posts implementing a poolboy clone with Elixir 1.6 features (DynamicSupervisor and Registry): http://davidsulc.com/blog/2018/07/09/pooltoy-a-toy-process-pool-manager-in-elixir-1-6/
It’s not very far along at this time, but maybe it could still be helpful for you. The links in the intro post might be of use to you too.
Regarding thinking about supervision trees, I would recommend reading the 2 following blog posts: The Zen of Erlang and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Unexpected as suggested by @peerreynders
Ciboulette
Thanks a lot for your blog. You clearly should continue this series !! It will definitely help people a lot
collegeimprovements
Hi, Thanks for your series. Can you add RSS feed to your blog ? It would be easier to keep updated that way.
david_ex
Having just got back from vacation, I looked into it and there’s an RSS feed available at http://davidsulc.com/blog/feed/