kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Hello everyone,

Have You tried Gorilla AI?

% gorilla generate hello world gen_server in elixir language
🦍  mix new hello_world && cd hello_world && mkdir lib && touch lib/hello_world.ex && echo 'defmodule HelloWorl
   use GenServer

   def start_link do
     GenServer.start_link(__MODULE__, :ok)
   end

   def init(:ok) do
     {:ok, "Hello, World!"}
   end

   def handle_cast(:hello, message) do
     IO.puts(message)
     {:noreply, message}
   end
 end' >> lib/hello_world.ex && mix compile && iex -S mix
* creating README.md
* creating .formatter.exs
* creating .gitignore
* creating mix.exs
* creating lib
* creating lib/hello_world.ex
* creating test
* creating test/test_helper.exs
* creating test/hello_world_test.exs

Your Mix project was created successfully.
You can use "mix" to compile it, test it, and more:

    cd hello_world
    mix test

Run "mix help" for more commands.

I am impressed by the result.

PS: I am not related to this AI, even we have the same name :slight_smile:

#ai

Showing Posts 1 to 2

ndrean

ndrean

gorilla generate a 2 stage dockerfile for an Elixir Phoenix app using a debian based Elixir 1.15 image

Not so good…

FROM elixir:1.15-slim AS builder
WORKDIR /app
COPY . .
RUN mix do deps.get, compile
FROM debian:stretch
WORKDIR /app
COPY --from=builder /app/_build/prod/rel/my_app .
CMD ["./bin/my_app"]
kokolegorille

kokolegorille OP

I guess we can use it to generate hello world example, but anything more complex is not yet ready

% gorilla create a lfe hello world
🦍  echo '(defun hello-world () (io:format "Hello, World~n"))' > hello_world.lfe && lfe hello_world.lfe
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews