xgeek116
Hello,
I saw that the function Goth.Token.for_scope is deprecated, can you please help me with the equivalent config for the function Goth.Token.fetch(config), my current config is :
Goth.Token.for_scope("https://www.googleapis.com/auth/cloudkms")
Many thanks
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
xgeek116
Hello, any experiences with Goth ?
al2o3cr
Have you tried the steps in the upgrade guide?
xgeek116
Hi @al2o3cr ,
I’m using Goth in an elixir Library that do some stuff and return a result. Now in my implementation, the apps that will install the lib will only configure the env variable :
but in the guide, the configuration is done in the MyApp.Application file and we will name the module :
Do you have any suggestion how can I upgrade the Goth module in a lib ? first sight, I think that all the applications that will install my lib must configure their
start()function and I must use a general name for the module : {Goth, name: General.Goth, source: source} to use that later in the lib as :What do you think ? Because ike that I will be limited in terms of scope, because the apps may use Goth for other purposes and not only the scope that the lib will use.
felix-starman
You can take a look at this issue and my accompanying PR. I need to finish it to support backwards compatibility.
Hopefully the library isn’t supervising its own Goth process, as in my experience that’s a little more difficult to unwind without breaking things
If you’re running on Google Cloud I’ve found the only thing that doesn’t support the metadata generated server token is obviously signing urls for cloud storage, since it’s not a private key, just a token.
But if you’re already using a service account JSON it should be just swapping the calls, configuring the library to take a name, and starting your MyApp.Goth before any process that will depend on it.
https://github.com/codedge-llc/pigeon/issues/232
https://github.com/codedge-llc/pigeon/pull/235