libo
Just contributed my first Elixir library to the open source community - gpt3_tokenizer!
This is an Elixir tokenizer for OpenAI’s GPT-3 model.
This implementation is inspired by the Python and JavaScript libraries available.
For now, my use case is only to calculate the token counts precisely to avoid hitting the limit in my project. But I believe the full encoding and decoding functionalities are working, given the passing tests. Your feedback is welcomed!
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
neilberkman
Nice work, but had you seen this? Tokenizers.Tokenizer — Tokenizers v0.3.2
libo
No, i haven’t.
It seems using Rustler to NIF bind the Rust implementation of the HuggingFace tokenizer. The HF tokenizer use the same mechanism (BPE) as the GPT-3’s, but they are different and give different results. (I just confirmed it by comparing the result in its README vs https://platform.openai.com/tokenizer)
Anyway, binding the rust implementation is a promising direction. GPT-3 encoder also has a rust implementation called tiktoken. For my own use case, the native one is good enough tho.
johns10davenport
Dude, this is great. It’s exactly what I wanted. Now I don’t have to bloat my project with these massive huggingface and nif bindings. So happy.
atomkirk
Thank you for this! I just tested it on a bunch of long transcripts and it got the token count exactly right. It’s also pretty fast. Counted 10k tokens in 15ms
tagamma
This is great, thank you! I was looking for a way to drop rust as a dependency for our app.
Have run any benchmarks against tiktoken by chance?