pkrawat1
Hey guyz
We at @aviabird are working on a payment library in elixir/phoenix. We are targeting March 2018 to add 56 Gateways to it.
Have a look at it in development here GitHub - aviabird/gringotts: A complete payment library for Elixir and Phoenix Framework · GitHub.
Thanks
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
michalmuskala
I had a quick look at the library. I think this is an awesome project and something very needed in the community. I have some some remarks, though.
Why are floats used for money? This is a complete no-go for me since floating point arithmetic is inherently inacurate. I haven’t looked in depth if this is actually the case, but that’s what is presented in the examples.
Why is the project using GenServers in the middle? It should be perfectly enough to have “just” modules and functions. The worker process does not use the state in any way, so the only thing it does, is creating a bottleneck in the system.
AstonJ
Yup - decimals or integers.
Also worth checking out this post.
kip
There are a few libs that provide Money functions.
money,ex_moneyandmonetized(the first 3 on hex.pm) each seem to represent Money as a struct with acurrencywhich is an ISO 4217 code andamountwhich is a Decimal.It would be useful if Gringotts could support an abstraction for money types so that integration would be straight forward given than there’s a reasonable likelihood that someone using Gringotts is probably also using a Money lib. Maybe a Money protocol?
(disclaimer: I’m the author or ex_money)
sztosz
I’ll just “upvote” this, because if this library is going to use floats internally it will be unreliable. The simplest way is to just use integers and have everything in “cents”, not “dollars” (that is if you don’t need to support currencies like the old pounds divisions in UK http://projectbritain.com/moneyold.htm).
James-Byrne
What parts of the payment gateways are you targeting? Is it just plain payments or are you attempting to support Hosted Payment Pages, subscriptions, refunds, betting? Do you have a list of gateways your looking to support or some kind of roadmap?
kip
Just noting even “cents” needs care since an implied decimal place of fixed size (cents == 100) is also problematic for the 52 currencies that have no decimal places, the 6 that have 3 decimal places and the one that has 4 decimal places.
AstonJ
I had no idea such currencies exist
kip
3 decimal places: Libyan dinar, Bahraini Dinar and Omani rial
4 decimal places: Chilean unit of account (UF) which is a legal tender (Unidad de Fomento - Wikipedia)
Money stuff is fun!
NobbZ
And all those digital or cryptocurrencies? Don’t they have 6 and more decimals?
kip
ISO 4217 will probably take quite a while to catch up with those
Either way, assumptions about money need care - including the assumption of how many decimal places a given currency may have. Even ISO 4217 allows the creation of private-use codes and they can have whatever digits and rounding strategy you want.