JEG2
Author of Designing Elixir Systems with OTP
I realize this isn’t really “Nerves,” but it felt like the closest fit to me…
I somehow just found out about GRiSP boards today:
Has anyone used one?
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ConnorRigby
I have one, but i haven’t opened it yet. It supports Elixir, but i am not sure of how documented it is. Assuming there is toolchains for it, Nerves could support it to an extent.
thovoll
I have one, and have opened it
No code written yet though.
AstonJ
I’ll ask what I expect many people are wondering …how does it differ to a Nerves setup?
thovoll
My understanding so far:
maz
Would Nerves ever support ESP32?
fhunleth
FYI on GRiSP: There’s been some recent discussion of a GRiSP v2 board. The current processor under consideration is a NXP iMX.6, so it could also run Nerves! This is all preliminary, of course, but it’s very exciting to me since it would improve the ability of the Nerves and GRiSP communities to collaborate.
If you’re interested in GRiSP and GRiSP v2, there’s a grisp channel on the Erlang Slack that you may want to join.
-Frank
jeremyjh
Nerves is based on the Buildroot distribution of Linux, which has hardware requirements beyond what ESP32 can support (Xtensa MMU, for one).
thovoll
Thanks Frank! I’m very interested and excited about this for the same reasons you mentioned
I’ll join the channel.
arpunk
There is a project that aims to run BEAM code in small devices, including ESP32: GitHub - atomvm/AtomVM: Tiny Erlang VM · GitHub
ConnorRigby
I’ve seen that project before and i really hope it takes off. It’s still super early, but i have high hopes for it.