markkauffman2000

markkauffman2000

I’m quite new to Phoenix, and Node.js for that matter. If you can help me and other newcomers with this one that would be great. The issue is that a couple of Phoenix projects I’ve published in GitHub, ex: GitHub - mark-b-kauffman/phoenixDSK3LO: phoenixDSK with 3-legged OAuth · GitHub , are now marked with a security vulnerability having to do with Node, package-json.lock, and growl. I tried npm install, and removing package-json.lock and running npm install again. I still end up with the old, vulnerable, version of growl.

My question is simple - how do I rebuild the node/brunch stuff in a Phoenix project to use newer versions of node, esp. one that doesn’t have that vulnerability? I could start over with a new Phoenix project and copy my code over - but if there is a way to do this in place, that would be best. Please provide a reasonable amount of detail.

Thank you.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

Nicd

Nicd

Looking at your package lock file, it looks like growl is pulled in by loggy that is pulled in by Brunch. That lead me to find this issue report where the resolution was to update loggy to a new version that no longer uses growl.

Unfortunately Brunch also depends on deppack that depends on an old version of loggy, so just upgrading Brunch to the latest version may not fix the issue.

Apparently it may be possible to force the usage of a recent version of loggy by using npm shrinkwrap, but I do not know enough about how it works. In the future versions, Phoenix is moving away from Brunch to Webpack, which would also solve your problem (and I think there are blogposts already on how to make the switch).

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews