TwistingTwists
Trending in Events List
:microphone: ElixirConf 2026 - Call for Talks is open!
We’re heading to Chicago :united_states:
:round_pushpin: In person + virtual
:d...
New
Code BEAM Europe 2026 – Call for Talks is Open!
We’re excited to announce that Code BEAM Europe 2026 is now open for talk submissions :t...
New
SuperAPI will be hosting the Melbourne Elixir meetup this Thursday, September 3rd. The event will be held at Level 2, 525 Collins St (Ria...
New
Join us September 23, 2026 for our online meetup. We’ll be learning about Acceptance Test Driven Development. There will be a demo of a ...
New
SuperAPI will be hosting the Melbourne Elixir meetup this Thursday, October 1st. The event will be held at Level 2, 525 Collins St (Rialt...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 9- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
cosmicrose
I’m going to try and actually participate this year. I wanted to last year but didn’t feel confident enough. I also plan on throwing my own repos into the event, and see if anyone’s interested.
lesliep
I plan on participating too. I’m newish to Elixir so I’m hoping to get some contributions in with it, but I’d also like to make some towards certain causes. nifty repos, or repos with nice swag
v0idpwn
I wonder how are the rules gonna be this year after last year disaster
LostKobrakai
They kept the explicit labels and maintainers are now rewarded for issue triaging just like contributors are for creating the PRs.
TwistingTwists
What was last year’s disaster? I am curious!
TwistingTwists
I also plan to contribute to a few Elixir Repos.
I hope GitHub - rockneurotiko/ex_gram: Telegram Bot API low level API and framework · GitHub opens up some issues. Really like the work there!
Nicd
Things like How One Guy Ruined #Hacktoberfest2020 #Drama and DigitalOcean's Hacktoberfest is Hurting Open Source | Domenic Denicola. In general, it attracts a lot of very low quality useless PRs to projects that need to be cleaned up. Now, that isn’t really the topic of this thread so I think it should be left at that.
I personally have not taken part (either by labeling or fixing issues) as Hacktoberfest has been GitHub only so far.
NobbZ
I wasn’t aware of that change, where are the rules for that explained? The exercism organisation will not actively participate in the spamtoberfest this year after last years fiasco…
sergio
A swarm of very low effort PRs were submitted everywhere and a lot of maintainers complained of spam and the imposition.
I think this year you can only participate on repos that have the hacktoberfest label because of it.