albin
I have this code snippet from the getting started guide for ash_phoenix:
Repo GitHub - albinkc/my_ash_phoenix_app_tut · GitHub
def handle_event("update_post", %{"form" => form_params}, socket) do
case AshPhoenix.Form.submit(socket.assigns.update_form, params: form_params) do
{:ok, _post} ->
posts = Blog.list_posts!()
{:noreply, assign(socket, posts: posts, post_selector: post_selector(posts))}
{:error, update_form} ->
{:noreply, assign(socket, update_form: update_form)}
end
end
[debug] HANDLE EVENT "update_post" in MyAshPhoenixAppWeb.PostsLive
Parameters: %{"form" => %{"content" => "uh", "post_id" => "ae34b684-7308-42eb-8ea1-f0455fcb66a6"}}
[debug] QUERY OK source="posts" db=2.3ms idle=1555.3ms
UPDATE "posts" AS p0 SET "content" = $1::text::text WHERE (p0."id"::uuid = $2::uuid) RETURNING p0."id", p0."title", p0."content" ["uh", "f38c0f31-42f8-4bce-847c-ec3dd3593d6b"]
↳ AshPostgres.DataLayer.update_query/4, at: lib/data_layer.ex:1380
[debug] QUERY OK source="posts" db=0.6ms idle=1561.4ms
SELECT p0."id", p0."title", p0."content" FROM "posts" AS p0 []
↳ anonymous fn/3 in AshPostgres.DataLayer.run_query/2, at: lib/data_layer.ex:767
[debug] Replied in 12ms
notice the uuids are different in the form_params vs the postgres statement. Furthermore, if I delete all but one record from the db table and then try the update, I get this cryptic warning. No db update occurs in this case.
[debug] HANDLE EVENT "update_post" in MyAshPhoenixAppWeb.PostsLive
Parameters: %{"form" => %{"content" => "hehe", "post_id" => "43c61b5a-18d4-4c74-9063-2c90fee59724"}}
[debug] QUERY OK source="posts" db=1.0ms idle=1857.1ms
UPDATE "posts" AS p0 SET "content" = $1::text::text WHERE (p0."id"::uuid = $2::uuid) RETURNING p0."id", p0."title", p0."content" ["hehe", "f38c0f31-42f8-4bce-847c-ec3dd3593d6b"]
↳ AshPostgres.DataLayer.update_query/4, at: lib/data_layer.ex:1380
warning: the following fields are unknown when raising Ash.Error.Changes.StaleRecord: [filters: %{id: "f38c0f31-42f8-4bce-847c-ec3dd3593d6b"}]. Please make sure to only give known fields when raising or redefine Ash.Error.Changes.StaleRecord.exception/1 to discard unknown fields. Future Elixir versions will raise on unknown fields given to raise/2
(ash 3.3.3) lib/ash/error/changes/stale_record.ex:5: Ash.Error.Changes.StaleRecord."exception (overridable 1)"/1
(ash 3.3.3) lib/ash/error/changes/stale_record.ex:5: Ash.Error.Changes.StaleRecord.exception/1
(ash 3.3.3) lib/ash/actions/update/update.ex:183: Ash.Actions.Update.run/4
(ash 3.3.3) lib/ash.ex:2502: Ash.update/3
(ash_phoenix 2.1.1) lib/ash_phoenix/form/form.ex:2043: AshPhoenix.Form.with_changeset/2
(ash_phoenix 2.1.1) lib/ash_phoenix/form/form.ex:1861: AshPhoenix.Form.submit/2
(ash_phoenix 2.1.1) lib/ash_phoenix/form/form.ex:1790: AshPhoenix.Form.submit/2
(my_ash_phoenix_app 0.1.0) lib/my_ash_phoenix_app_web/posts_live.ex:79: MyAshPhoenixAppWeb.PostsLive.handle_event/3
(phoenix_live_view 1.0.0-rc.6) lib/phoenix_live_view/channel.ex:508: anonymous fn/3 in Phoenix.LiveView.Channel.view_handle_event/3
(telemetry 1.2.1) /Users/albin/projects/ash_builder/my_ash_phoenix_app/deps/telemetry/src/telemetry.erl:321: :telemetry.span/3
(phoenix_live_view 1.0.0-rc.6) lib/phoenix_live_view/channel.ex:260: Phoenix.LiveView.Channel.handle_info/2
(stdlib 6.0) gen_server.erl:2173: :gen_server.try_handle_info/3
(stdlib 6.0) gen_server.erl:2261: :gen_server.handle_msg/6
(stdlib 6.0) proc_lib.erl:340: :proc_lib.wake_up/3
[warning] Unhandled error in form submission for MyAshPhoenixApp.Blog.Post.update
This error was unhandled because Ash.Error.Changes.StaleRecord does not implement the `AshPhoenix.FormData.Error` protocol.
** (Ash.Error.Changes.StaleRecord) Attempted to update stale record of MyAshPhoenixApp.Blog.Post
[debug] Replied in 4ms
how can I make this work? TIA
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
zachdaniel
The record to be updated does not come from form params but from what is passed in to create the form. What are you passing into
AshPhoenix.Form.for_update?zachdaniel
Looks like you’re always updating the first post in the list regardless of params: my_ash_phoenix_app_tut/lib/my_ash_phoenix_app_web/posts_live.ex at 028ad59eb91989d16d81cf758a76f858db86f2b6 · albinkc/my_ash_phoenix_app_tut · GitHub
To change what you’re updating, you’ll need to replace the form with a new form.
albin
Thank you for taking the time! That should work.