shlonny
Hello,
I’ve just installed Erlang and Elixir using asdf and am attempting to pull down the dependencies of a project I’m on. After running mix deps.get I get the error below.
git:(master) ✗ mix deps.get
Could not find Hex, which is needed to build dependency :jason
Shall I install Hex? (if running non-interactively, use "mix local.hex --force") [Yn] Y
** (Mix) httpc request failed with: {:failed_connect, [{:to_address, {'repo.hex.pm', 443}}, {:inet, [:inet], {:tls_alert, {:handshake_failure, 'TLS client: In state hello received SERVER ALERT: Fatal - Handshake Failure\n'}}}]}
Could not install Hex because Mix could not download metadata at https://repo.hex.pm/installs/hex-1.x.csv.
Alternatively, you can compile and install Hex directly with this command:
mix archive.install github hexpm/hex branch latest
I’m able to curl repo.hex.pm so I’m not sure why the hex command is having issues.
I’m on MacOS monterey 12.0.1
Erlang 24.2
Elixir 1.13.2-otp-24
openssl version - LibreSSL 2.8.3
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
stefanchrobot
Were you able to resolve the issue?
I had a similar one just recently when upgrading to Elixir 1.13 and found a solution here. I think the OpenSSL version might be the issue here.
shlonny
Yes and the solution was essentially the same. With asdf I uninstalled my erlang build and rebuilt it making sure the
KERL_CONFIGURE_OPTIONSenvironment variable included the--with-ssloption and was pointing to the correct openssl installation; 1.1 in my instance.KERL_CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="--without-javac --with-ssl=/usr/local/opt/openssl@1.1"