Settld is looking for a Head of Technology to help it scale its automation and operations to the next level.
My name: Marco Monteiro
My position: Senior Software Engineer
Company name: Settld
Company info and history :
Settld has one simple goal: use technology to remove all unnecessary admin around death, giving people back the time and space to focus on what matters most. We started by automating the process of notifying multiple companies when someone dies, and then transparently resolving each account request with live status tracking. The result is that we interface with over 800 organisations to turn 10 hours of headache into a 15 minute stress free task for our users, landing us a net promoter score of 97.
Settld is a TechStars 2021 company, a Barclays Bank ‘Eagle Labs’ company, supported by the UK Law Society, and a TechNation ‘Rising Star’. We were nominated by the Lisbon Web Summit as a ‘ones to watch’ Breakout Startup, have already won 3 business awards, and are regularly featured in national TV, radio and press for our ‘tech for good’ solution.
About the job
Job title: Head of Technology
Our backend is implemented with Elixir and Postgres and the AWS ecosystem.
The mission of the Head of Technology is to help Settld scale its automation and operations. Settld wants to be the first business to solve ‘death admin’ problems at a global scale, so whoever we take on should be excited by the idea of leading a technical team to make big things happen.
Salary range: Negotiable
Position on remote work: Position is fully remote
Qualifications or experience required:
Our ideal candidate has led and delivered at least 1 tech project before (ideally within a startup environment), keeps a keen eye on Security, and has successfully grown a team. This is a high profile and entrepreneurial role, offering a great opportunity to make a tangible difference to the lives of others.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- shape, articulate and oversee all aspects of Engineering, including technical vision, technology blueprint, information security and best practices & technology stacks;
- make architecture decisions to ensure a strong, secure, and scalable product (guiding the existing MVP to achieve product market fit and scale);
- evaluate technological advancements and innovative solutions to drive continuous product improvement;
- understand and identify risks when integrating with potential partner and service provider infrastructure and APIs;
- help with recruit, lead and retain a team of high-performing software developers;
- working on the code base alongside our 2 in-house engineers.
- own the development process and continue to shape the dev culture (code reviews, pairing, daily standups, continuous integration/deployment etc).
About the interview process
- Interview with our CTO (30 minutes)
- Interview with the team (2x30 minutes)
- Interview with the CEO (30 minutes)
- Full job description here: Head of Technology
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org