Trini

Trini

hello, good afternoon
I’m trying to use agent in elixir to be able to solve a heap overflow… but the truth is that I still haven’t been able to understand agents well and how to use it.
My problem is that I send audio data from the client to be transcribed on the server but for some reason the memory is full try using agent to solve this problem as you can see below ( I clarify that the program transcribes until the memory is full )

 def handle_in("file_chunk", {:binary, <<samples :: binary>>}, socket) do
        
            model = GenServer.call(Model, :get_model)
        
            IO.inspect(model, label: "-------MODELO CARGADO DESDE EL GENSERVER --------")
        
            recognizer = GenServer.call(Model, :get_recognizer)
        
            IO.inspect(recognizer, label: "-------RECOGNIZER CARGADO --------")
        
         #this is the agent i tried use 
         {:ok, pid} = Agent.start(fn -> :ok end)
    result = Agent.get(pid, fn %{model: model, recognizer: recognizer} ->
        wave = :vosk.recognizer_accept_waveform(recognizer, samples)
        IO.inspect(wave, label: "-------wave --------")
        :vosk.recognizer_partial_result(recognizer)
      end)

        
        
              IO.inspect(result, label: "resultado: ")

        
        
             {:reply, :ok, socket}

what I really want to know is how to handle partial and wave so that I don’t get this error currently the agent doesn’t work for me and that’s the first problem I have to solve

Showing Posts 1 to 2

benwilson512

benwilson512

Author of Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe

Hey @Trini can you show the error you are actually getting?

Trini

Trini OP

of corse

1469: heap overflow
                   [error] GenServer #PID<0.696.0> terminating
** (ArgumentError) argument error
    (vosk 915e429) :vosk.recognizer_partial_result(#Reference<0.336960946.1277558785.221842>)
    (pba 0.1.0) lib/pba_web/channels/room_channel.ex:74: PbaWeb.RoomChannel.handle_in/3
    (phoenix 1.7.2) lib/phoenix/channel/server.ex:317: Phoenix.Channel.Server.handle_info/2
    (stdlib 4.3) gen_server.erl:1123: :gen_server.try_dispatch/4
    (stdlib 4.3) gen_server.erl:1200: :gen_server.handle_msg/6
    (stdlib 4.3) proc_lib.erl:240: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Last message: %Phoenix.Socket.Message{topic: "room:lobby", event: "file_chunk", payload: {:binary, <<14, 0, 11, 0, 9, 0, 9, 0, 9, 0, 8, 0, 10, 0, 13, 0, 9, 0, 6, 0, 4, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 3, 0, 5, 0, 3, 0, 4, 0, 3, 0, 6, 0, 5, 0, 5, 0, 6, 0, 3, ...>>}, ref: "738", join_ref: "3"}
State: %Phoenix.Socket{assigns: %{}, channel: PbaWeb.RoomChannel, channel_pid: #PID<0.696.0>, endpoint: PbaWeb.Endpoint, handler: PbaWeb.UserSocket, id: nil, joined: true, join_ref: "3", private: %{log_handle_in: :debug, log_join: :info}, pubsub_server: Pba.PubSub, ref: nil, serializer: Phoenix.Socket.V2.JSONSerializer, topic: "room:lobby", transport: :websocket, transport_pid: #PID<0.689.0>}

This is the error I get when I didn’t have the agent… now what I’m trying to do is create an agent to handle the partial function which fills up the memory, which I’m still not having success with.
possibly there is a better way to handle it but using an agent is what i got to with my little elixir knowledge

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews