patrickdavey

patrickdavey

My vim setup is not formatting heex files (it’ll format .ex files on save happily).

When I run it manually with :call CocAction('format') I get Error invoking 'format' on channel 3 (coc):^@Format provider not found for buffer: and I’m a little lost.

My config has:

      "elixir",
      "heex",
      "javascript"
    ],

And if I run :set filetype it has filetype=heex.

If I run the formatter manually with mix format it works fine.

anyone have this working and can give me a pointer?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

arcanemachine

arcanemachine

Here’s the Elixir-related stuff from my ~/.config/nvim/coc-settings.json file:

{
  "coc.preferences.formatOnSave": true,
  "coc.preferences.formatOnSaveFiletypes": [
    "elixir",
    "eelixir",
    "heex",
    "json",
    "jsonc"
  ],
  "diagnostic.checkCurrentLine": true,
  "diagnostic-languageserver.filetypes": {
    "elixir": ["mix_credo", "mix_credo_compile"],
    "eelixir": ["mix_credo", "mix_credo_compile"],
    "heex": ["mix_credo", "mix_credo_compile"]
  },
  "elixir.pathToElixirLS": "~/.local/lib/elixir-ls/language_server.sh",
  "elixirLS.dialyzerEnabled": true,
  "tailwindCSS.includeLanguages": {
    "eelixir": "html",
    "elixir": "html",
    "heex": "html"
  }
}

I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those lines aren’t actually doing anything, and might just be residue left over from a previous time where I was in the same position as you.

The Tailwind stuff is for some CoC Tailwind plugin, and the pathToElixirLS is where I saved a copy of ElixirLS that I downloaded from their GitHub releases page.

As for the Credo stuff, well… I have no idea when or why I put that there. Might need to do some spring cleaning for my cluttered CoC config…

patrickdavey

patrickdavey OP

Thanks for the reply. I tried with some of those settings (the ones specific to the formatting at least), and, still no dice.

I’ll keep looking :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews