James_E
I have the following utility template, for a list that is required to be rendered as a grid whenever CSS is enabled:
<%!-- grid_list.html.heex -->
<ul
class={[
"tw-grid",
"tw-grid-cols-#{Enum.count(@entries) |> :math.sqrt |> :math.ceil |> trunc}",
@class
]}
>
<li :for={entry <- @entries}>{render_slot(@inner_block, entry)}</li>
</ul>
<%!-- https://tailwindcss.com/docs/detecting-classes-in-source-files#dynamic-class-names
"tw-grid-cols-1"
"tw-grid-cols-2"
"tw-grid-cols-3"
"tw-grid-cols-4"
"tw-grid-cols-5"
"tw-grid-cols-6"
"tw-grid-cols-7"
"tw-grid-cols-8"
--%>
I invoke it, for example, as so:
<.grid_list :let={asset} entries={@state.assets} class="tw-p-1 tw-gap-1 sm:tw-p-4 sm:tw-gap-4">
<.asset asset={asset}/>
</.grid_list>
So my question is: is there any way for me to have the template automatically pass through any “extra” attributes, such as title, that I invoke it with? Or do I have to hardcode the “whitelist” of allowed passthrough attributes?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
garrison
You can use global attributes. There is a whitelist, but the default includes all HTML global attributes (
titleis one of those). You can explicitly whitelist others in theattrcall.frankdugan3
IMO, a better option is to just use a style tag:
James_E
Hmm, it looks like “key
:restnot found” is the result if I add a<... title="...">parameter to the invocation and a<... {@rest}>parameter inside the template.Putting
attr :rest, :globaljust beforeembed_templates "page_html/*"also leads to some incomprehensible compile-time errors on utility templates that used to be fine:Is there any way to configure
Phoenix.Component.attr/3within.heextemplates, or will I have to refactor this to use.ex/def (assigns)/~H?garrison
I think you do have to do this, yes. We’ll see if somebody corrects me.
Some people disable inline styles via CSP for security reasons. There are ways around this but they’re annoying.
steffend
When you want to use attr / slot with an external .heex file you need to define an empty function head in the .ex file that has embed_templates. There’s an example in the docs: Phoenix.Component — Phoenix LiveView v1.2.5