Crowdhailer

Crowdhailer

Creator of Raxx

Ace is the HTTP server I built because I needed support for HTTP/2.
As far as I am aware it was the first to offer HTTP/2 support on beam.

I am not able to spend as much time maintaining Ace as I would like and so am looking for some help looking after the project and potentially, eventually, passing it on to someone else. For my purposes I do not currently require an HTTP/2 server and so my use of this library is not exercising much of the functionality in it.

Ace is the most popular server built in Elixir, Cowboy is more widely used but is built in erlang.
Ace was built built to work with the Raxx framework, because that is what I was building at the time, and so offers an interesting alternative to the Plug/Cowboy stack.

The plan

If anyone is interested it would be great to hear from you. I still have sometime to help so it would be great to try and work together to get to a 1.0 release, after which there would hopefully be less work all round.

Or if you have a different plan happy to hear that too.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

I certainly cannot promise maintenance right now but I am very interested. I also would add a QUIC / HTTP3 implementation, free time and energy allowing.

How do you think, is your library suitable to make the jump to those protocols as well?

Furthermore, do you have any benchmarks?

Crowdhailer

Crowdhailer OP

Creator of Raxx

So would I but I suspect it requires a lot of free time.

Yes, I thought very hard about separating the concepts around what is an HTTP request, from the underlying connection mechanism.

Yes, raxx/bench at master · CrowdHailer/raxx · GitHub but these are mostly limited to how the middleware stacks work. But everything in Ace works the same way as a middleware module so covers a lot

CharlesO

CharlesO

Hi,

Please has anyone hit a limit on download size for http2 request with ACE?

https://github.com/CrowdHailer/Ace/issues/153

CharlesO

CharlesO

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews