scouten
I’m experimenting with libcluster and starting by setting up a simple “first node” for said cluster.
Before I even get into libcluster, though, I’m having trouble starting distributed Erlang. This is the entirety of my so-far-very-simple application:
defmodule MyApp do
@moduledoc false
use Application
def start(_type, _args) do
IO.inspect(:erlang.node(), label: "node")
IO.puts "starting self"
IO.inspect(:net_kernel.start([:"my_hub@localhost"]), label: "nk start")
topologies = [
my_swarm: [
strategy: Cluster.Strategy.Epmd,
config: [hosts: [:"my_hub@localhost"]]
]
]
children = [
{Cluster.Supervisor, [topologies, [name: MyApp.ClusterSupervisor]]}
]
Supervisor.start_link(children, strategy: :one_for_one, name: MyApp.Supervisor)
end
end
And it fails in the following way:
$ mix run
Compiling 1 file (.ex)
node: :nonode@nohost
starting self
11:19:33.205 [info] Protocol 'inet_tcp': register/listen error: econnrefused
nk start: {:error,
{{:shutdown, {:failed_to_start_child, :net_kernel, {:EXIT, :nodistribution}}},
{:child, :undefined, :net_sup_dynamic,
{:erl_distribution, :start_link, [[:my_hub@localhost], false]}, :permanent,
1000, :supervisor, [:erl_distribution]}}}
My Googling thus far has not yielded any results. What should I be looking for?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
scouten
Interestingly, it appears that using a hostname other than
localhost“resolves” the problem.aseigo
Is
localhostresolvable to 127.0.0.1 on your system? Long-name nodes require the host to be resolvable and reachable …