scalador

scalador

I’ve been using Phoenix 1.7 and try to put a value “nonce” in an script tag, but no matter what value you put the output in HEEx will be a simple presence of the attribute, and not the string value.
Example

<script nonce="desire_value"></script>

HEEx will generate just:

<script nonce> </script>

Like if “nonce” were a simple boolean attribute but it is not.

Any help ?

Thanks.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

scalador

scalador OP

Even live_dashboard library is not working because the tag is rendered without “nonce” value.

live_dashboard("/dashboard", metrics: MyWeb.Telemetry, csp_nonce_assign_key: :csp_nonce_value)

Will render:

<script nonce>

"use strict";

(function() {
  var PolyfillEvent = eventConstructor();

...

And will not work with csp policy.

scalador

scalador OP

Ok forget it is browser capability

BradS2S

BradS2S

Have you tried using raw/1?

script nonce=<%= raw(“string literal”) %>>

scalador

scalador OP

Thanks for your answer, but actually it was my mistake. The nonce attribute were rendered correctly, but the web browser’s hides their values intentionally, with a simple curl or wget, the nonce is rendered and working ok!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews