N0x90
Years ago i worte keccak_ex with only support for hash 256
Now I completed the support for hash 512 and 128 bytes
The “problem”
Both implementation are the same (
copy and paste) and just change
for hash 256
@digest_length 32
@block_length 200 - 2 * @digest_length
for hash 512
@digest_length 64
@block_length 200 - 2 * @digest_length
i thik something like an “interface/inheritance” can help with all the duplicated code making an isolation with the concret type but i cant find anything like that
the other problematic line is
defp process_block_decode_loop(%__MODULE__{} = value, index) when index < @block_length do
because you need the block_length to make the loop work…
i appretiate any idea/insight/suggestion to make the code looks better and to learn a better way
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
cevado
if i understood it correctly the struct that you’re using seems to be an internal abstraction. so why not internalize the digest_length and the block_length in the struct, this way you can always have it available on the function head by just destructing it and keep the same guard validations.
al2o3cr
Are you sure you got all the references? This
take(134)seems extremely suspicious - it’s two less than@block_lengthfor@digest_length == 32in 256-bit, but not changed for 512-bit where@digest_lengthis different.https://github.com/N-0x90/keccak_ex/blob/master/lib/hash/hash512.ex#L86
N0x90
Your right!!! also that pointed me to an edge case…
The correct version is:
N0x90
Nice one, already applied, thanks!!!