ryanswapp
I have run into a little issue and am not sure what I’m doing wrong. My app is connected to an external sql server database (database for another app) via Tds Ecto. I’m trying to execute a stored procedure using Repo.query but nothing is being returned and no errors are reported. Here is my code:
case SARepo.query("""
sma_SP_Get_CaseNotes @CaseID=@1;
""", [case_id]) do
{:ok, %Tds.Result{columns: columns, rows: rows}} ->
{:ok, Helpers.map_rows_to_columns(rows, columns)}
{:error, %Tds.Error{} = error} ->
{:ok, error}
end
When I run the sma_SP_Get_CaseNotes procedure in DataGrip it works fine and returns the data I want. I’ve run a trace in Sql Server Data Profile and the difference between the datagrip call and the Ecto call appears to be that Ecto is making an RPC type call whereas datagrip is doing something a little different that I am unfamiliar with. Anyone see an obvious mistake I’m making?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
raymondsiu
Try adding the
execcommand before the name of the stored procedure.When you write Transact-SQL, that’s the way to execute stored procedures so I am thinking it might be the same way in your case.
ryanswapp
The issue was actually that I needed to add:
To the top of the query so that it would return a result.