alxvallejo
Hey all,
I’m trying to make a GET request while passing in body params. One param requires a list of strings. The API documentation states:
curl -s --user 'api:YOUR_API_KEY' -G \
https://api.mailgun.net/v3/YOUR_DOMAIN_NAME/stats/total \
-d event='accepted' \
-d event='delivered' \
-d event='failed' \
-d duration='1m'
In Elixir, here is how I’m preparing the body:
body =
%{event: ["accepted"]}
|> Plug.Conn.Query.encode
However the response I get is:
** (Bamboo.ApiError) There was a problem sending the email through the Mailgun API.
Here is the response:
"{\"message\":\"please provide at least one event: Missing mandatory parameter: event\"}\n"
Here are the params we sent:
"event[]=accepted"
Any ideas on what i’m doing wrong here?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
chulkilee
First, that curl is not using body. See
-Goption - it uses data under-das query parameter.If you use
-voption in curl - you can see the data are in the query string -?event=accepted&event=delivered&event=failed&duration=1mOkay - so you just need to build the query parameter then. You can use URI.encode_query/1.
Note
I really like the design of Elixir standard lib here - query parameter should not be implemented as map (as duplicate key is possible) and the order is preserved (as in keywords), and no magic transformation (e.g. passing list as value) . I saw many “easy to use” http interface are based on wrong assumption on many details…
dimitarvp
What kind of list? Comma-separated? Or a JSON-style list?
If the latter, your parameter can be encoded like so:
A lot of framework backends – Plug (and thus Phoenix) included – will decode the above as
event=[1,2,3].sb8244
Can you include the code that calls out to Mailgun? I see the query preparation, but not how that is actually being sent along. My initial guess is that maybe that part is not setup correctly.
Do you mean query params? GET requests technically can have a body, but I would put the chances of a service respecting it very low.