dogweather
I have a function repair_file_in_place(path) that makes HTTP connections to check links for 404 errors.
Here’s the Python code to run repair_file_in_place() concurrently on all the markdown files in a directory:
async def repair_files_in_directory(path: str):
"""
Repair all markdown files recursively in a directory.
"""
async with aiohttp.ClientSession() as session:
async with asyncio.TaskGroup() as group:
for root, _, files in os.walk(path):
for file in files:
if file.endswith(".md"):
group.create_task(repair_file_in_place(os.path.join(root, file), session))
- How would the code be structured in Elixir / OTP?
- Is there some kind of semaphore-like ability to limit the concurrency? My use case is not blowing the ulimit on open files.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
zachallaun
Probably something like:
Concurrency can be limited using options passed to async_stream. Docs: Task — Elixir v1.20.2
(Note: untested and possibly not optimal, but this is the first that came to mind!)
arcyfelix
You are almost there, you forgot the
ifpart:zachallaun
This is handled by the wildcard, which expands the glob
"your/path/**/*.md"into a list of all the.mdfiles that live anywhere inyour/path.dogweather
It’s amazing that this actually works, and is so simple. Especially compared with the code I showed.
dimitarvp
People dig Elixir for a reason, my dude.
That kind of expressive and readable code hooked me to Elixir almost 8 years ago.
arcyfelix
Yeah, my bad. Good job.