bharder

bharder

Followed the Windows install instructions but am not able to get Hex installed.

I do not have this issue on my main Ubuntu machine but only within the Windows 10 virtual machine.

> mix test                                                                 
Mix requires the Hex package manager to fetch dependencies
Shall I install Hex? (if running non-interactively, use "mix local.hex --force") [Yn]
** (Mix) httpc request failed with: {:failed_connect, [{:to_address, {~c"builds.hex.pm", 443}}, {:inet, [:inet], {:tls_alert, {:unknown_ca, ~c"TLS client: In state wait_cert_cr at ssl_handshake.erl:2133 generated CLIENT ALERT: Fatal - Unknown CA\n"}}}]}                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Could not install Hex because Mix could not download metadata at https://builds.hex.pm/installs/hex-1.x.csv.                                                                                                                                    Alternatively, you can compile and install Hex directly with this command:                                                                                                                                                                          $ mix archive.install github hexpm/hex branch latest                                                                                                                                   

Versions:

> elixir --version
Erlang/OTP 26 [erts-14.2.1] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10] [async-threads:1] [jit:ns]                                                                                                                                                  Elixir 1.16.0 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 26)  

Windows 10 build: 19045.3930

Showing Posts 1 to 4

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

A quick fix might be to run mix hex.config unsafe_https true

bharder

bharder OP

I ended up running mix archive.install github hexpm/hex branch latest which worked.

bharder

bharder OP

Nevermind, broken again…

> mix deps.get
...
telemetry_metrics 0.6.1
telemetry_poller 1.0.0
websock 0.5.3
websock_adapter 0.5.4
** (Mix) httpc request failed with: {:failed_connect, [{:to_address, {~c"builds.hex.pm", 443}}, {:inet, [:inet], {:tls_alert, {:unknown_ca, ~c"TLS client: In state wait_cert_cr at ssl_handshake.erl:2133 generated CLIENT ALERT: Fatal - Unknown CA\n"}}}]}
Could not install Rebar because Mix could not download metadata at https://builds.hex.pm/installs/rebar3-1.x.csv.                                                                       

mix hex.config unsafe_https true did not resolve the problem but thanks for the suggestion.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Try this?

apt install ca-certificates
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews