shijith.k
I am trying to start a new phoenix project with elixir 1.9, but mix phx.new does not work. It says that ** (Mix) The task "phx.new" could not be found. After googling I understood that the problem is with Hex version. I have other phoenix projects running in previous elixir versions, soon if I update Hex using mix local.hex, will that affect all my other projects also?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone.
My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Other Trending Topics
Hello everyone :waving_hand:
I’d like to introduce SystemOneClient, an Elixir client for System One decision models: TypeSafe’s Jev, Clo...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Eiji
You need to install archive first:
OvermindDL1
This means that you did not install the
phx_newarchive. What command did you use to install it and what was the result of it?What is your complete output when running
mix archive?shijith.k
But I already have other Phoenix projects running in my system. Does that not mean that I have installed the
phx_newarchive?mix archiveshows thisOvermindDL1
You don’t need the archive to run phoenix, it’s sole purpose is just to setup an initial new project scaffolding (that you can still otherwise do manually).
Seems like you have it, what is the entire and complete output of
mix phx.new?Also you really need to update hex, I’m surprised the system hasn’t asked you to yet. Run
mix.local.hex.Also whoa, that’s quite a bit old, you really should update elixir (and OTP) too. o.O
Elixir is up to 1.9.1 and OTP is up to 22.1. It’s generally go to stay within 2 or 3 versions of recent as a few big libraries tend to not work before that.
shijith.k
I know I have to upgrade the elixir and OTP versions, but we are in the middle of something and are waiting for that to be done to upgrade everything.
If I run
mix.local.hexthen will that affect my other projects, which as you know, are using very old versions.!OvermindDL1
No, it’s supposed to always be updated, it’s the interface to the hex server, if it’s not updated then it might not work at all, so if anything it would take it from non-working to working.
shijith.k
ok, thanks a lot
Will upgrade everything to the latest versions soon.!
shijith.k
even after upgrading hex
mix phx.newstill throws** (Mix) The task "phx.new" could not be found.Now
mix archivegivesAlso I installed phx_new
OvermindDL1
You installed a new asdf prefix, each has it’s own archives and all so run
mix archive install hex phx_newagain as yourmix archivecommand didn’t have it. Make sure to run everything in the same asdf prefix.shijith.k
mix archive.install hex phx_new 1.4.8this installed the latest version