eclark

eclark

Heyya is a library to help with testing your Phoenix components. It allows for writing fast tests that assert your HTML is consistent and correct. Specifically, Heyya is designed to work with many functional components and the latest Phoenix and LiveView releases. As your code changes and mutates, tests can change quickly without writing new assertions each time.

https://github.com/batteries-included/heyya

There’s a blog post up with example code and integration help here:

https://www.batteriesincl.com/posts/heyya-snapshot-testing

Hex Docs are here:

If you’ve ever used React snapshot testing, Heyya will feel very similar.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

eclark

eclark OP

We are releasing Heyya 1.0.0 which includes the following:

  • Stateless component snapshot testing
  • Easier to use LiveView pipe-based view testing
  • LiveComponent testing with automatic view hosting
  • LiveView snapshot testing

When combined, these tools allow for fast testing of Phoenix UIs that are easy to maintain and easy to read.

Blog Post: https://www.batteriesincl.com/posts/heyya-one-point-zero
Github: https://github.com/batteries-included/heyya
Docs: https://hexdocs.pm/heyya/readme.html

The newest LiveView snapshot testing feature allows developers to interact with a Phoenix live view and easily assert that some portion of the DOM matches the previous expectations.

For example, here’s an excerpt taken from the example project

defmodule ExampleWeb.NumbersLiveTest do
  use Heyya.LiveCase
  use ExampleWeb.ConnCase

  test "/numbers renders the live_view", %{conn: conn} do
    conn
    |> start(~p"/numbers")
    |> assert_matches_snapshot(name: "full_view", selector: "main")
  end
end
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
bartblast
Hey folks, I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version: Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews