ycv005
I want to Hide full-window Modal when the back button of browser is pressed only on the particular page.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
benwilson512
Hey @ycv005 you’ll need to provide additional details. How is the modal created? Can you show any code?
ycv005
Just handling event which changes the value of
@show_resumeto True or False. By default, its value is false.I just want to hide modal when back button is press.
I hope, this would give you clear understanding.
wolfiton
Do you want to use Live view or javascript (jquery, vue, vanilla javascript)?
For plain javascript you can try How To Make a Modal Box With CSS and JavaScript
Back button event handler https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25806608/how-to-detect-browser-back-button-event-cross-browser
ycv005
It would be better if there is any way to do it in LiveView.
NobbZ
You haven’t mentioned LiveView before, so far we assumed regular statically rendered templates…
As far as I remember push state support has been added recently and you should be able to use that to handle back/forward buttons from your liveview.
alvises
As @NobbZ said, you can use pushState support in LiveView which would really make the things easy.
With pushState in LiveView, when you show a modal you can update the URL (to something like
/page/modal) without refreshing/changing the page. This new url is added to the browser history so when users click the back button they go back to the previous state (there are two examples on an article I wrote).ycv005
Ya, I also saw your videos. Thanks to all.