fceruti

fceruti

Hello,

I’m trying to level up my Elixir game and wanted to ask you for your favorite public phoenix projects in terms of code organization, quality of code, testing, coverage and docs.

As a bonus, can you tell us why do you this the particular project is great?

Thanks!

Showing Posts 1 to 9

RudManusachi

RudManusachi

I don’t think these projects require an introduction, but - check out the source code of Livebook and Hexpm

There is also a smaller project by hexpm - diff

But to me usually Phoenix is just a “thin” web-layer in front of the core application. And for that part there are plenty of projects to look at the code examples.. You could take any popular/battle tested library that you use a lot.. that you know the entry point and the output - and look at its internals to see how it works.. BTW, that’s another nice thing about libraries with well written docs - where you could easily jump to the source of the module or function =)

Werner

Werner

Or you can look at Bytepack .
It’s archived, but certainly a very good source of inspiration.

Or perhaps Changelog

c4710n

c4710n

  • bytepack
  • elixirstatus
  • plausible
  • changelog
  • hexpm
Papercups

Papercups

I m the maintainer of GitHub - papercups-io/papercups: Open-source live customer chat · GitHub. We’re an open source live chat (intercom alternative). I think our quality needs some work tbh but a lot of our contributors come to us because we are very crud heavy so it tend to be a good starting point to check out Elixir code for your own projects.

We have over 1k real customers and users so if you want to see what an Elixir app looks like in production we are a good place to check out. Feel free to hop in our public Slack channel if you have any questions.

fceruti

fceruti OP

Thanks to everyone! I have a lot to work with here :slight_smile:

@RudManusachi But to me usually Phoenix is just a “thin” web-layer in front of the core application.

Yes, and I’m loving this aspect of the elixir ecosystem. I still need projects which use phoenix to see how it’s all connected together.

@RudManusachi BTW, that’s another nice thing about libraries with well written docs - where you could easily jump to the source of the module or function =)

Coming from the python ecosystem, the whole docs thing it’s amazing., it feels like it’s a first class citizen.

@Werner Or you can look at Bytepack

Interesting. I don’t get the full picture of what it does, but definitely looks well written.

@c4710n * bytepack, * elixirstatus, * plausible, * changelog, * hexpm

:+1:

@Papercups We have over 1k real customers and users so if you want to see what an Elixir app looks like in production we are a good place to check out.

Awesome, I’m definitely gonna try it.

wmnnd

wmnnd

Keila is an open-souce Mailchimp alternative I’m developing and I aim to follow good coding practices with it. I’ve actually found myself referencing code from the project when explaining certain concepts to friends and I’ve occasionally even written tutorials on how certain parts of the code work.

fceruti

fceruti OP

this is great! I’m loving the Elixir ecosystem! I’m definitely checking this out

mahmoud

mahmoud

I would like to mention BeaconCMS from DockYard.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews