Ahzed11

Ahzed11

Hello,

I am developing a CI/CD tool aimed at simplifying the testing of hot code upgrades. Your responses to the following questions would be crucial in helping me make informed decisions to support Elixir.

  1. Do you use OTP’s releases ?
  2. Do you perform hot code upgrades/downgrades ?
  3. What tools do you currently use ? (Mix, Rebar, custom scripts, …)
  4. For what kind of project do you use this functionality ? (Web, Telecom, IoT, …)

Thank you in advance for your answers !

Showing Posts 1 to 10

lawik

lawik

Nerves Core Team
  1. Yes
  2. No :frowning:
  3. Mix
  4. Web, IoT
ThaddeusJiang

ThaddeusJiang

  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Mix
  4. Web
cmo

cmo

  1. yes
  2. no, considered it though
  3. mix, inno setup, powershell scripts
  4. web/IIoT
Ahzed11

Ahzed11 OP

Thank you for your answer !

When working on web related projects, people often prefer using rolling updates, may I ask why you preferred to perform hot code upgrades instead ?

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

  1. Yes
  2. No. It seem to be too easy to shot yourself in the foot (possibly without noticing it) for the usually small amounts of upsides (in my work). Would love to learn more if that’s an incorrect assumption though or if there’s reliable ways to detect issues for someone without extensive experience doing them.
  3. Mix to build the release. Systemd and/or docker for running it.
  4. Mostly Web, some IoT
greven

greven

  1. Yes.
  2. No. Would like to but it does seem complicated and not available in releases so didn’t give much more thought.
  3. Mix and the release with systemd.
  4. Web.
shahryarjb

shahryarjb

  • Yes
  • Yes :frowning: (But very little)
  • Mix
  • Web
odd

odd

  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. Mix
  4. Web, IoT
sodapopcan

sodapopcan

  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. Mix
  4. Web
christhekeele

christhekeele

identical response fer me

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews