martinjanda

martinjanda

I have a form that uses liveview file upload. I would like to check that the user has selected the file and if not, display an error.

In the heex file I use .live_file_input and then display the error in the style:

<%= for err <- upload_errors(@uploads.input_file) do %>
   <p class="alert alert-danger"><%= error_to_string(err) %></p>
<% end %>

Is there any way to add a custom error to @uploads? Alternatively, how to show the error if the user has not selected the file?

Thanks

Showing Posts 1 to 1

martinjanda

martinjanda OP

I solved it by adding a custom variable @custom_error and checking if a file is selected during the save event.

In ex:

if Enum.empty?(uploaded_files) do
      socket = assign(socket, :custom_errors, ["File must be selected!"])
      {:noreply, socket}
    else
      ...

In Heex:

<%= if @custom_errors != [] do %>
  <.error :for={msg <- @custom_errors}><%= msg %></.error>
<% end %>
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews