Eiji
Hey, I’m working on next release candidate for my library ExApi.
My main module ExApi uses GenServer and have server api with calls to __MODULE__, so I do not need to pass pid. I have implemented and tested in two iex sessions sending events across nodes.
> iex --sname first -S mix
Erlang/OTP 20 [erts-9.0] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10] [async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
Interactive Elixir (1.5.1) - press Ctrl+C to exit (type h() ENTER for help)
iex(first@localhost)1>
# now second node:
> iex --sname second -S mix
Erlang/OTP 20 [erts-9.0] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [ds:4:4:10] [async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]
Interactive Elixir (1.5.1) - press Ctrl+C to exit (type h() ENTER for help)
iex(second@localhost)1> Node.connect(:"first@localhost")
iex(second@localhost)2> import ExApi.Api
iex(second@localhost)3> def_api MyApi, do: nil
# back to first node:
iex(first@localhost)1> import ExApi.Api
iex(first@localhost)2> def_api MyApi, do: nil
iex(first@localhost)3> ExApi.register_api(MyApi)
# and again 2nd node:
iex(second@localhost)4> {:ok, api} = ExApi.get(MyApi)
{:ok,
%ExApi.Api{default_implementation: {nil, nil}, doc: "", features: %{},
implementations: %{}, line: 3, module: MyApi, pid: #PID<0.196.0>}}
I would like to write a tests for it. Can you help me with this?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
chrismcg
Have a look at how Phoenix PubSub does it phoenix_pubsub/test/support/cluster.ex at main · phoenixframework/phoenix_pubsub · GitHub
Eiji
@chrismcg: Thanks, just tried it in iex and it works! I have only one question related to it.
Is it possible to change this:
to 2 calls of
:rpc.block_call/4function?From what I can see
module(2nd argument) is always required, but maybe there is something that I forgot about.Update: It’s easy to not use any eval functions. I can use simply
:erlang.apply(function, args)inblock_call.