freewebwithme

freewebwithme

Hi guys!
I am using stripity_stripe for accept a payment in my backend server.

But I don’t want to set a api_key in config.exs. I want to use each user’s stripe secret key for their account.
Is there anyway to make a request to stripe api using each user’s secret key?

Showing Posts 1 to 6

albydarned

albydarned

So your users will provide you with this key? You want to store it somewhere and use it in stripity stripe for each call?

freewebwithme

freewebwithme OP

Sorry I didn’t make it clear.
User can save their key in database.
So in my server, I can retrieve like user.stripe_api_key.

Yes key will be saved in database.

albydarned

albydarned

I think the way the library works sets the API key at compile time… I don’t know of a good way to do what you’re asking without forking and modifying the code. Someone on here more knowledgeable than me may chime in.

Perhaps you could consider making manual API calls?

As a side note, using a library like cloak to encrypt your keys is a good idea. I’ve used it before and it was quite easy to set up and use.

freewebwithme

freewebwithme OP

Thanks for suggestion
I missed the point that I have to encrypt the keys before save it.
Thanks!

albydarned

albydarned

I definitely would just to have another layer of protection. Good luck!

freewebwithme

freewebwithme OP

I found a solution.

I can pass Stripe.Options for any request. Something like this.

Stripe.Customer(%{email: "john@example.com"}, api_key: user.stripe_secret_key)
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews