tobleron
I was visiting phoenix web framework website and I was shocked to see wappalyzer (Firefox Add-On) tell me that the website is built in Ruby on Rails. Do you guys realize this is not good for marketing the product? Just thought of sharing my concern and also see if there is a plan to build it in Phoenix.
Same for elixir-lang.com, it’s built with Ruby:
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex












Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
frigidcode
It’s possible they are using github pages, based on this header:
x-github-request-id.AstonJ
Yep I am pretty sure they are GH pages, hence marked @frigidcode’s post as the answer
tobleron
No problem, I thought I checked it by mistake, that’s why I removed it at first
Hehe! It’s back now.
tobleron
So you’re saying that phoenixframework.org is built on phoenix? I still think that it should have been listed in wappalyzer. If that’s the case then maybe one day there should be an official communication with wappalyzer team to make sure that the phoenix/elixir technology is detected on websites.
I was just in contact with my developer friends and they told me they use these tools very frequently. So I am sure it will spark some curiosity if average dev surfers discover the websites are built with phoenix.
AstonJ
Have a look here
tobleron
Just for the record, even a trello-like webapp built with phoenix was not detected:
https://phoenix-trello.herokuapp.com/
So I guess Wappalyzer don’t detect phoenix yet.
adrianrl
https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir-lang.github.com
As you can see, Elixir’s webpage uses Jekyll, chances are that Phoenix’s website uses it too.
IMHO there’s no point to build a static webpage using Phoenix or really any other web framework. A static site generator is good enough, also there are some wins, like more choices to host your site for free, better performance, etc. Nowadays even blogs are using Gatsby, Jekyll, Nuxt.js…
Matt
A bit unrelated, but this reminds me of an old story from the late 80s:
Qqwy
Oh, this brings back memories. Like that the windows 95 booting sound was created by Brian Eno… on a Macintosh.
But more to-the-point:
I agree with you; there is no need for yet another static site generator (and I also do not think that Elixir’s strong features make sense for ‘site generation’). On the other hand, I do wonder how serving the statically generated files using Elixir (with for instance Cowboy + Plug) with respect to another system (like Nginx). Now I do know that many people still run their Elixir behind Nginx for load-balancer (?) reasons and that systems like Nginx are built in plain C, but maybe we would still have some special benefits from Elixir here.
lee
Who cares?
Phoenix is built for high-availability, dynamic websites. The Phoenix documentation site is static. Literally opposite concerns.
Use the best tool for the job.